How do I get student email addresses from Quercus?
Although it is recommended to use the Quercus Inbox/Conversations tool to communicate with your students, there are times when you would choose to email your students instead of using the Inbox tool. There are two methods to download students' email addresses in a CSV format: 1. A New Analytics report, and 2. The UT Advanced Group Tool.
This guide provides instructions on how to obtain email address via:
Before using this option, you will need to enable New Analytics in your course, if you have not already done so.
4. Run Report
- This filter option allows you to export reports based on sections.
- If no filters have been selected, then selecting "Run Report" will export a CSV for the entire class.
2. Export Group Roster
- Select the UT Advanced Group Tool option from your course menu.
- Once in the tool, select the Export Group Roster option.
3. Select button "Click here to download the entire course roster."
- Use the button to download a copy of the entire course roster (students only - those with non-student roles are NOT included in the export file).
- For this purpose, use of the "export" button is NOT required.
4. Example Course Roster Download
Data included on the course roster is:
- Student (Family and Given Names in one column)
- Canvas ID
- SIS User ID (UTORid)
- First Name
- Last Name