This guide includes PowerPoint templates that you can download and use to create your own Quercus Course Card and Banner.
After you create the course card, you can follow this guide to learn how to set the course's image on the Dashboard. To add the course banner to your page, follow this guide to upload and embed an image in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor.
In this tutorial, we'll create a course card and a banner like the ones below, using just PowerPoint. You can follow the same steps to create either a course card or a course banner.
How to use this Template
1. Open the Sharepoint Folder
In y our browser, navigate to the SharePoint Folder containing the Course Banner and Course Card templates.
2. Download the Course Banner or Course Card template
- Select the template you'd like to download.
- Select on the "Settings" menu to review more options.
- Select "Download" to save this file locally. We recommend re-saving this to your personal OneDrive. We also recommend that you work from the PowerPoint Desktop application, versus the Web Powerpoint.
3. Review the Slides
Each template file includes:
- "How to use this template" slides. This slide serves to remind you of how to change the layout or how to export.
- Examples of Course Banners in different styles
5. Delete the slides that you aren't using
Once you have edited the text on the card you would like to use, delete the other slides you aren't using before proceeding to export.
If you deleted all slides by accident, you can always 1. Add a new slide and 2. Select the layout.
6. Save or Export the Slide as an image
Once you are left with just the slide you'd like to use, you're ready to export.
In Powerpoint for Mac, navigate to to File > Export. This would bring up a pop-up window for Export Settings:
- Place your file name
- Select the File Format to PNG
PowerPoint in Mac allows you to change width and height when necessary. Set the Width and Height for:
- Course card: 265px by 150px
- Course banner: 1100 px by 330 px
After you exported the course card, you can follow this guide to learn how to set the course's image on the Dashboard.
To add your course banner on the page, follow this guide to upload and embed an image in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor.