Although it is recommended to use the Quercus Inbox/Conversations tool to communicate with your students, there are times when you would choose to email your students instead of using the Inbox tool. There are two methods to download students' email addresses in a CSV format: 1. A New Analytics report, and 2. The UT Advanced Group Tool.
This guide provides instructions on how to obtain email address via:
4. Run Report
- This filter option allows you to export reports based on sections.
- If no filters have been selected, then selecting "Run Report" will export a CSV for the entire class.
2. Export Group Roster
- Select the UT Advanced Group Tool option from your course menu.
- Once in the tool, select the Export Group Roster option.
3. Select button "Generate Course Roster Report."
- Use the button to generate a copy of the entire course roster (students only - those with non-student roles are NOT included in the export file).
Your roster will appear in your Quercus Inbox - it will not download automatically. After selecting the Generate Course Roster Report button, you will see the following message: The report is being generated and will be delivered to your Quercus Inbox when ready. It may take a few minutes.
The time required to generate the report can vary and may take longer for a larger class. Try refreshing your Quercus page to check if it is ready.
4. Retrieve course roster from Quercus Inbox
- Select Inbox from the Quercus global navigation menu.
- Open the message from UTAGT Admin User.
- Download the attached Course Roster Report.
5. Example Course Roster Download
Data included on the course roster is:
- Student (Family and Given Names in one column)
- Canvas ID
- Student Number
- First Name
- Last Name