If you have organized your course content in your Sandbox and would like to copy the content into a Course Shell, you can easily achieve this through these steps.
1. In Quercus, navigate to the empty course shell
2. Navigate to Settings to Import Course Content
1. In the course menu, click on Settings.
2. Then choose "Import Course Content".
3. Copy a Canvas Course
1. Under the drop down menu Content Type, choose "Copy a Canvas Course".
4. Search for your Sandbox
1. Under Search for a Course, start typing "Sandbox" and your sandbox should appear in the dropdown list.
2. Choose your Sandbox.
5. Enter the Copy settings
1. Under Content, choose "All Content" if you would like to copy your all of your content, or "Select Specific Content" to only copy certain elements.
2. If you want to adjust the due dates associated with the course events and assignments, click the Adjust events and due dates checkbox.
3. If you want to shift dates in the course, select the Shift dates radio button.
4. In the Beginning Date field, enter the starting date of the course you are importing. You can also click the Calendar icon to select a date. In the Change to field, enter the new date when you want the course to begin, or click the Calendar icon.
5. In the Ending Date field, enter the end date of the course you are importing, or click the Calendar icon to select a date. In the Change to field, enter the new date when you want the course to end.
Canvas will take the new start and end dates for the course and distribute all assignments with due dates as evenly as possible across the course dates. If the imported course and the new course vary in course length, assignments will be assigned proportionally. Once the course is imported, you can easily confirm and adjust any assignment dates using the Calendar.
6. Once you have selected all your options, choose Import.
6. Check Current Jobs
- Under Current Jobs you should see blue progress bar for Course Copy.
- Once completed, it will say "Completed".
3. If you chose to copy specific content, here is where you can select "Select Content" and choose which elements to copy.
7. Review your new course content
1. Check your course to see if the content copied over properly. Depending on how you built your course, the view will vary. Most likely you will have all of your items in Modules. If this is the case, in your course menu select Modules.