This tutorial instructs you on how to apply a custom theme (otherwise know as a template; this is a .ppt file type) to your powerpoint presentation.
The last step is very important, if you are planning on capturing this presentation as a screencast video because you'll still want to change your default slide presentation ratio (4:3) to the widescreen ratio (16:9).
NOTE: This guide does NOT provide instructions on how to create and/or save a custom template.
1. Navigate to the "Design" tab of the Options Ribbon.
- Select on Design.
2. Select on the "More" icon to view more available themes.
- Select on the "More" options icon.
- You could also select one of the standard themes that is included with PowerPoint.
3. Select on "Browse for themes..."
4. Navigate to your saved theme.
- Select on your theme file.
- Select "open" to apply it to your current presentation.
4.1. An example of a slide with the theme applied:
You can apply themes to existing or new presentations. You can also change the theme for your presentation.
5. Change the presentation slideshow ratio.
The default slide lay out is set at a ratio of 4:3. Many screens and projectors still use this ratio. However, for recording widescreen video, you need to change the ratio to 16:9.
You can do this by:
- After ensuring the that "Design" tab is selected, select on "Page Set Up."
- Change the "Slide sized for:" drop down menu from On-Screen Show (4:3) to On-Screen Show (16:9).
- Select "OK"
- Confirm that the slide is now the wider 16:9 ratio.