This guide walks you through logging in to U of T's Office 365 tool set. Please note that officially, the O365 tool suite is supported by Enterprise Applications and Solutions Integration (EASI) (and not via the FASE EdTech Office) and full support for the suite can be found via their Microsoft 365 support page or by submitting a technical support ticket. After logging in, you might choose to download the apps that you'll be using versus using the web app versions (but this is personal preference).
If you would like any technical support related to O365, please submit a support ticket to the Enterprise Service Help Desk and select the following parameters: IT Service Centre > Get Help > End User Computing > Microsoft Office 365 Applications
Before you begin
To complete these instructions, you will need to have a working and valid UTORid in order to authenticate in O365. To test your UTORid and password, we recommend you verify your UTORid on the UTORid Management website. This means that you will have to use your @utoronto.ca email address and not an departmental (or other) domain email address (e.g. @ecf.utoronto.ca). If you have questions about this, please contact your departmental IT technical support team.
Who can access U of T's O365 account? If you are a current U of T faculty or staff member with an appointment of 20 percent or more, you have access to full desktop versions and mobile versions of Microsoft Office. Microsoft Office ProPlus is available for free to faculty and staff using Microsoft 365 and can be installed on up to 5 personal computers or other devices.
1. Go to office.com in your browser and select the avatar in the top right.
- Open your preferred browser (we recommend Chrome or Firefox) and enter office.com into the address bar.
- Navigate to the top right hand corner and select on the blank avatar to bring you to a login page.
Are you already logged in? If you don't see the icon as indicated above, you might be logged in with another Microsoft account. Please log out of that account and then re-login with your O365 U of T account. Managing multiple Microsoft accounts can be tricky, so you might want to contact your local IT administrator prior to completing this process.
2. Sign in to Microsoft
- Enter your Utoronto.ca email address (other domain emails will not allow you to login, e.g. @ecf.utoronto.ca or @mie.utoronto.ca).
- Select on the Next button.
3. Select Work or school account
- Select work or school account. This will take you to the U of T login authentication protocol, which will allow you to access the apps and tools that are included in our license to O365 as part of the U of T community.
4. Login via UofT's weblogin by entering your UTORid and password
5. Verify your login via Duo MFA (if enabled for your account)
- You can choose your preferred method of verification (we typically use the push notification, in combination with our smart phone).
6. Optional: Choose to stay signed in
- If you are using a personal computer, you might choose to stay logged in to avoid frequent re-logins. In this example, I've elected to remain logged in.
- Select Yes or No depending on your preference.
7. Confirm login
- In the top right, you should now see a monogram-style avatar with your initials. This indiciates that you've been logged into your account.
- After confirming, you can use the "waffle" menu to expand all the tools available to you with U of T's license of O365. Some tools are not licensed; if you have questions about the licensing structure, see EASI's guide to Licensing and Microsoft 365 ProPlus.