Accommodations are often related to the time a student has to take the assessment and when they have access to the assessment. Crowdmark offers two ways to build these parameters into an assessment; either by:
- Adding settings for specific students in assessment - this is best for when assessments are distributed at the same time, or
- By duplicating the assessment and releasing it specifically to one student - this option is best when the student is required to complete the assessment at a different time. For accommodations requiring a different start time and that are to be completed within a designated window, you may want to duplicate the assessment and create a timed assessment.
This guide outlines the first option where you can customize the due date, time to complete or lateness penalty for a specific student.
Need some support to build your accommodations in Crowdmark? Like Quercus, Accommodated Testing Services (ATS) (see how ATS can help you with your Quercus accommodations) will be offering to build your accommodations (once permission is granted). However, we are still working on how this process will work. In the meantime, the EdTech Office will build your accommodations in Crowdmark. If you're interested in this support, please contact us at [email protected] to get started. We will need some lead time, so please let us know as soon as possible (at least one week in advance of your assessment) what support you need.
To add an accommodated due date and time for a specific student, navigate to your course in Crowdmark:
Crowdmark support (see their online support website) is provided directly by Crowdmark's support team; the EdTech Office does not have admin access to this third party tool. We've tried to consolidate some helpful support pages to respond to a question we get asked often, but, if you are having any issues, do contact [email protected] directly for individual assistance.
1. Select the Crowdmark Assessment
- In your imported course, select the assessment you would like to change accommodations for.
2. Select Students
- To adjust the accommodations for specific students, select the "Students" menu option.
3. Access the specific student's Submission Status
- Use the search bar to locate your student or find them in the student list.
- Once you have located the student, under the column Submission status choose either Viewed or Not viewed. This status notes if a student has taken any actions towards that assessment.
4. Select Customize due date and enter new date and time
- Select Accommodation Options so that it is checkmarked. Here you can add a new date and time for the specific student's submission.
- Select Save to save the adjusted accommodation.