Share an "Entry" slide with your participants (students)
It never hurts to provide your webinar participants (your students or guests) with a bit of an introduction to the tool that they will be using for the session - there is no reason to have a participant join a session and see only a blank screen. Attached below is an example slide (there is also an editable file) that you can use to communicate key information. It is designed to be self-diagnostic; the idea is that when someone joins the session, they'll see this landing slide and will follow the instructions (while waiting for the session to begin).
How to use this slide:
- Upload PDF of your entry instructions to your live session (it cannot be uploaded in advance of your session) via "Share Content."
- Share the slide to your session.
- Consider enabling early entry to your session (especially for first time use) to allow attendees to practice.
1. Entry Slide Example 1: PDF File
1.1. Download the PDF file for the default entry slide
2. Entry Slide Example 1: Editable PowerPoint File
If you'd like to modify the above screen, you are encouraged to! However, it is recommended that you export your new slide to PDF before uploading, as Bb Collaborate has a tendency to re-format slide files upon upload.
2.1. Download the Editable File for the default entry slide
3. Entry Slide Example 2: Editable PowerPoint File
Example of another entry slide (which includes in session etiquette); this one is particularly handy because it directs you to where to download the presentation file:
3.1. Download the CTSI entry slide
What if there are technical issues or questions? When the session begins, the moderator can inquire as to whether or not there are any questions, or can share how they would like to manage those issues (e.g. typing in the chat box and having a TA or other moderator support individual issues).