Support from FASE's Education Technology Office
This is a reference site for Help Guides for the Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering at the University of Toronto. It is written and edited by the Education Technology Office.
If you’d like to see projects that we’ve worked on, and other things we are up to, visit the Education Technology Office’s website .
If you’d like to see a new guide, or if you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I Login to Quercus?
- How can I customize my Notification settings?
- What should I do if I can't see my courses?
- How can I access the Quercus support resources?
- Can I retrieve a deleted course item?
- Who is my departmental ROSI contact?
- How can I add my Lecture Capture YouTube playlist to my course?
- How can I request a new Quercus course?
- How do I add external tools to my Quercus course?
- How can I create a Quiz or Survey?
- What types of quizzes or surveys can I create in a course?
- How can I add a time limit for my quiz?
- How can I allow for multiple quiz attempts?
- What quiz restrictions can I set?
- How can I randomize my quiz?
- How do I set a quiz due dates/availability for course sections or specific students?
- How can I hide a quiz that I am currently working on from students?
- How can I add quiz questions?
- What types of questions are available in a quiz?
- Can I create a quiz that displays one question at a time?
- How can I view my quiz as a student?
- How can students see their quiz responses and correct answers?
- How can I add more quiz attempts for a specific student after the quiz has started?
- What Quiz analytics can I see?
- How do I use the formula quiz question?
- How can I copy a quiz without a question bank from one course to another?
- How can I copy a quiz with a linked question bank from one course to another?
- How can I assign multiple versions of a quiz to different groups of students?
- How to time release assessments (using module requirements)
- What is the difference between Canvas and Quercus?
- What course-level data and reports are available to teaching teams?
- How do I copy a course from my Sandbox to a Course Shell?
- How do I cross-list (combine) my courses?
- How do I set my course's image on the Dashboard?
- How do I change my Course's Home page?
- How do I embed a link to a Navigation item in a Page?
- How do I copy a course from my Course Shell to my Sandbox?
- How do I modify the menu items on my course navigation menu?
- How do I set a non-default end date on a course?
- How can I copy the share link for my video?
- How can I time release videos?
- How can I time release videos by unlocking modules?
- How can I time release videos by scheduling File availability?
- Where should I host my large video files?
- How can I copy the embed code for my video?
- How can I embed a clock widget into a Quercus page?
- How do I facilitate final exam viewing in Quercus?
- How do I reactivate the +People button?
- How do I get student email addresses from Quercus?
- How do I upload a SCORM package to my Quercus course?
Mar 23, 2020
"How to" Technical Guides (Instructors)
- Articulate Rise (Module Builder)
- EVE (Event Management
- OpenCast (Automatic Lecture Capture)
- OBS (Open Broadcaster Studio)
- Piazza (Instructors)
- TechSmith SnagIt
- TechSmith Camtasia
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Bb Collaborate (Discontinued)
Teaching with Technology Resources
- Online/Remote Course Design
- Hardware Recommendations
- Assessments (quizzes, tests, final assessments, etc)
- Synchronous Online Activities (Webinars, livestreaming, etc.)
- Self-Capturing (Video/Screen Captures, Filming-at-home videos, etc.)
- Accessibility (Captioning, Accommodations, etc.)
- Assisted-Recording (on site, lightboard, chalkboard, etc.)
- TEAL (Technology Enhanced Active Learning)
- Module Building Toolkit
- Examples from Colleagues
"How to" Technical Guides (Students)
- Mastering Engineering
- Piazza (Students)
- Top Hat
- Video Productions Resources