What settings can I select on my content (video and audio) uploads?
This guide details the parameters that you can select for each video or audio file that you upload to MyMedia (see How do I upload content to MyMedia? if you have questions in that area).
1. Metadata options
On the "Metadata" tab, you can:
- Edit the upload title.
- Edit the upload description.
- Select keywords to describe the video (for searching and for categorization).
- Upload a new image to act as the cover image (preview) for this file.
2. Privacy Options
The previous "Publish Media?" and "Sharing Options" are now combined into "Set Visibility"
On the "Privacy" tab, you can:
- Set Visibility: You can choose between private, limited access to the content or public(No restrictions) as the visibility for your uploaded files. Note that if you share the upload publicly, you should also upload a captions file (see How do I upload a captions file to MyMedia?).
- Allow for Download: If you toggle this setting off, viewers will not be able to download the file to their local device. It is recommended that you enable downloading whenever possible as this provides more flexibility for viewing (viewers can download content and watch it without relying on an active Internet connection).
- Allow for Discovery: If you would like your upload to be searchable, toggle this option to on.
3. Text Tracks Options
On the "Text Tracks" tab, you can:
- Get more information on adding new tracks (see Media Tracks)
- Create a new track