U of T currently has agreements with two online proctoring services (who have been fully vetted for information security and data management practices): Examity and ProctorU (see CTSI's "Online Proctoring Guidelines" for full details regarding governance, academic integrity, and service agreements).
How do I get started? The administrative process for implementing online proctoring can be lengthy. The Online Learning Strategies Portfolio will provide consultation and support for eProctoring implementation. Please allow 3 months for planning and set up. Contact the Director of Online Learning Strategies or email@example.com for more information.
Considerations for Instructors
- With your departmental business officer, determine the work order and billing process.
- Liase with the service provider to communicate assessment details - scheduling, scripting of invigilator instructions, allowable supports, contact information, etc. must be confirmed in advance.
- Allocate "on call" availability for during the exam to resolve any last minute issues.
- Publish all requirements/details in course syllabus.
- Ensure early communication regarding use of the platform, verification and system testing prior to the actual exam.
- Confirm accessibility of exam materials for students with disabilities.
Considerations for Students
- Ensure that Internet connection is stable (preferably networked vs wifi).
- Set up and test hardware (webcam, microphone, etc.) functionality.
- Confirm access to service in advance.
- Be prepared to take the exam on time, according to the scheduled time slot.