As of August 31, 2021, UofT will no longer license Bb Collaborate. Please see ACT's termination of Collaborate license memo for more details. We recommend reviewing our guide of currently available webinar tools for alternate options to host synchronous online sessions.
After you've created a scheduled session, you might want to invite participants that are not a part of your course shell or do not have a UTORid.
To invite these participants, you may share a Guest Link to the Session: If you aren't quite sure who needs to attend, or if you'd like to invite many people, sending a Guest Link to the session is very efficient. Since the Guest Link allows anyone to join your session, you would not want to use this if your session is private, or if you'd like to control who will access your session.
The Public Link can be sent out well in advance of your session. It is encouraged that you include instructions on using Bb Collaborate for the First Time in a separate email.
Please note, if there is any chance that you may need to follow-up with a participant from the session the Guest Link will not allow you to trace their contact information. When this is the case, please choose to have your participants log into the session through the course shell or using their UTORid.
To invite your Participants to your Session:
1. Navigate to Bb Collaborate in your course.
1. In your course menu, choose Bb Collaborate (How to add Bb Collaborate to my course menu?)
2. Open the "Session options" of your session.
- Find the session and use the "Session Options" menu to reveal more settings about the session.
- Select on "Copy guest link."
3. Copy Guest Link.
- To copy the Guest link, choose the copy button (beside the link) or highlight and copy the link.
4. Paste Guest Link.
- Paste the link to your Announcement, email or document. You can send this to those who you would like to invite to the session, whether they are internal or external (to U of T) guests.
TIP: Do not post this URL on a public website, as anyone who has the Guest URL can enter your session.
Congrats! You can now invite people to attend your Collaborate Session.
You can invite more people as needed, up to and including during your live session.