As of August 31, 2021, UofT will no longer license Bb Collaborate. Please see ACT's termination of Collaborate license memo for more details. We recommend reviewing our guide of currently available webinar tools for alternate options to host synchronous online sessions.
Usually, when accessing session analytics, you'll be accessing a session that happened in the past (although you can access analytics for an ongoing session as well, i.e. for a no-end session). By default, you will not see this session on your "Scheduled Sessions" tab.
If you will be using analytics to track class participation, it is recommended that you disclose to students that their attendance will be tracked as part of their grade.
There are a few things you should be aware of before counting on the log:
- Analytics are only available within 30 days of the session.
- You'll want the students to access the session from the Bb Collaborate tool (requiring authentication into the course) versus sharing the Guest URL for the session (which allows people to sign in anonymously).
To access session analytics for a past session:
Although Bb Collaborate is available in all courses, it does require enabling - it's not available on the course menu by default. If you haven't enabled it yet, see "How do I add the Bb Collaborate tool to my Course menu?" for instructions.
1. Navigate to Bb Collaborate in your course.
1. In your course menu, choose Bb Collaborate (How to add Bb Collaborate to my course menu?)
2. Find the session you'd like to review.
By default, upcoming sessions are shown to you when you land on the Bb Collaborate homepage. You'll want to see your past sessions, not your upcoming ones. You can change this filter by:
- Select on the filter to reveal option.
- Select on the "All Previous Sessions" option. You should now see the list of sessions change.
- Find the session that you'd like to review and select the Session options (3 dots) for that room.
3. Choose "View Reports."
- In the menu, select "View reports."
4. View a report for a specific session.
- To see attendance reports: beside the session that you would like to view an attendance report for, select "View report," located under the "Attendance" tab. This report contains details about each attendee’s join and leave times, total time spent in session, and number of times they joined the session. General session information is also available on the left-hand side.
- To see poll reports: beside the session that you would like to view a poll report for, select the download button, located under the "Polls" tab. This will save the report as a CSV file. The report contains the poll question and each attendee’s response.
5. View, Print or Export Session report.
- To keep a copy of your session attendance report, you can print or export the report to a CSV file.