As of August 31, 2021, UofT will no longer license Bb Collaborate. Please see ACT's termination of Collaborate license memo for more details. We recommend reviewing our guide of currently available webinar tools for alternate options to host synchronous online sessions.
Bb Collaborate Ultra is the licensed and supported webinar tool that is integrated into the Quercus Toolbox. In order to use Bb Collaborate, you must enable the tool in your course. This guide provides instructions on how to enable Bb Collaborate in your Quercus course shell.
To add Bb Collaborate to your course:
Are you using a webinar tool for the first time? One of the most important things you can do is be clear to your students what your expectations are around participation in an online session. You might want to read further about the "hidden" curriculum of participating in an online session (see "8 Ways to Be More Inclusive in Your Zoom Teaching" - don't worry, the tips are platform agnostic!). There's a new etiquette for participating online - for both the instructor and the students - and the more you know, the more you can share about how your sessions will work within your course.
1. Navigate to your Quercus course.
2. Use the Course Settings to add the Bb Collaborate tool to your Course menu.
- In your course, select "Settings".
- Choose the "Navigation" tab.
- Enable Bb Collaborate by selecting more options (the 3 dots).
- Then choose "Enable".
- To confirm your changes, select "Save".
Did you hit "save"? Often, the save button requires scrolling to see - and it is very easy to miss. If you've done the "drag n'rdrop" but are not seeing "Bb Collaborate" in your course, double check that you saved your changes.
3. Confirm "Bb Collaborate" is in your Course menu.
- You should see Bb Collaborate in your Course menu. If you do not, then repeat the previous step Use the Course Settings to add the Bb Collaborate tool to your Course menu and ensure you press "Save" at the end.