For Participants: Using the interactive Bb Collaborate Ultra Webinar Participation Tools
This tutorial details the options for participants in a Bb Collaborate Ultra Session. Your moderator will implement these in various ways during your session.
Participation Tools Overview
- Status - This panel allows you to set your status as "away" if you need to step away from the session. It is considered polite to indicate your status, so that users are not waiting on you for a response to a poll, etc.
- Share Audio - If enabled, participants can turn on their audio to speak and it will turn green. A line through the microphone icon means that it is turned off.
- Share Video - If enabled, participants can turn on their video to be seen and it will turn blue. A line through the camera icon means that it is turned off.
- Hand Raise/Lower - Select on this icon to indicate that you have a question or get the moderator's attention. The moderator will enable your microphone or ask you to type your question into the chat. When multiple hands are raised, you'll be given a number according to your place in the queue. NOTE: Instead of breaking into the presentation, it is considered polite to raise your hand. This will allow the moderater to indicate when you can ask your question/make your comment and give them time to enable your microphone (depending on how the session is being managed).
1. My Status and Settings
- Status - Select on this icon to indicate that you are away, or unavailable. NOTE: It is proper Webinar etiquette to indicate when you are away from your computer, or are unavailable, so that the Moderator does not wait on you (for example, during a poll).
- Leave Session - This allows you to exit the session.
- Feedback - These options allow you to provide feedback for your moderator and attendees. The feedback that you select will show as an icon on your status icon. TIP: Using this tool can quickly allow the moderator to know your feedback without interrupting the session.
- Quick Feedback - These options allow you to provide quick Agree/Disagree feedback for your moderator and attendees.
2. Share Audio
The moderator of the session may turn off audio sharing until they would like audio participation.
- To participate verbally in the session, select the "Share Audio" button and you will see your audio levels reflected in the microphone icon. Press the same button to turn your audio off.
3. Share Video
The moderator of the session may turn off video sharing until they would like video participation.
- To participate via video in the session, select the "Share Video" button. Press the same button to turn your video off.
4. View Poll
You might be asked to participate in a poll - this provides feedback to the instructor as well as increasing interactivity in the session. When the moderator creates a poll, the "View Poll" icon will be displayed.
- View Poll - If you do not see the poll open, and you would like to respond, select on the "View Poll" icon.
- Poll Answer - Choose your response from the options listed.